Wednesday, January 6, 2010

FET today

Assalamualaikum semua. Saya start buat FET hari ni. Frozen Embryo Transfer.

As most of you already know, I actually was partially pregnant off of the fresh IVF cycle (low betas, no HB, no fetal pole) and had a D&C at 8-9 weeks.

I waited for 3-4 cycles after my D&C and so, here I am; on FET natural cycle. Th
ere are different between natural cycle and medicated cycle. Pls read here for your kind info.

In my case, my doctor prefers to do natural cycle FETs; meaning that I wouldn't take any meds at all. No estrogen, no progesterone, nothing.

Tapi masa nak tentu kan my ovulation day (1st ovulation day iwill be my Day-1), ada slight problem because this cycle took a longer period, 37 days. Selalunya my cycle took 30-33 days. So this cycle my ovulation is on day 24!

Camne monitor ovulation day? I use predictor test kits (OPKs). I would pee on a stick (for everyday from day 14- day 24!).
Memula hampir2 kena abandon this cycle sebab tak dapat double line. At last dapat jugak.


Lepas FET, I'm only given duphaston. And to wait for another 10-12 days for UPT, that can be done by myself. Senang kan?


The FET cycle takes almost as long, but it is so much easier and not nearly as stressful. As for success rates, the difference between fresh and frozen is so slight, and the nurse told me it's easier for some women to do a FET because it's less stress on your body, which can help with implantation.

Tak tau la kan, lain orang lain badan and hormon dia. Wish me the best ya, thanks :)

1 comment:

| SUE | said...

all the best dear...rest ya!

-sue-