Sunday, July 5, 2009

Embryo Transfer

I had egg retrieval on 24/06.09 and they ended up getting 7 eggs & 4 fertilized. I was very dissapointed to say the least, bebecause my 1st cycle I had 14 eggs and all 6 fertilized (but 3 of them were odd shape). Well what I learned was that all cycles are 100% different and it really is quality that matters over quantity.

I was assuming I would be doing a day 3 transfer sebab I tak tahu menahu langsung pasal kewujudan untuk transfer day-5 ni. Serious I have no idea. Masa ni dah bersiap sedia day-3 untuk ET. Pergi situ, doctor had discussion with the embryologist to see quality embryo and said that all of our 4 embies are still thriving and they are making it a 5 day transfer.

I was a little concerned because I was worried that not many of them would make it to day 5, the embrologist says not to worry way to much, usually at least 1 will survive! Eh of course I wish more to survive, eventho saya hanya boleh masuk 1 sebab ada unicornuate uterus, saya berharap baki embryo itu dapat difreeze, IN CASE this cycle doesnt work, memang saya bercadang nak buat FET.

Finally on 29/06/09 I had my day-5 embryo transfer. They call it blastocyst transfer. Syukur, out of 4 embryo, all survived! And 2 adalah grade 1 quality with 10 cells on day-5. So as agreed and discussed earlier, 1 embryo was transferred. LEpas 15 minutes tranfer, I was allowed to buang air hehe. Lega. And rest for 1 hour and boleh balik :)

Before the procedure nurse pesan, I need to keep drinking more water so that the bladder push the uterus down to make my cervix more straight. I was already very uncomfortable, imagine having to control a full bladder for an hour! The agony was really indescribeable.

So sekarang adalah 2WW waiting saya. Bersambung.

No comments: